On January 26, 1997 New Hope M. B. Church: The Vision Center was established and opened its doors on February 9, 1997 with over 300 in attendance. Over 1100 members were added to the ministry by the end of New Hope’s first year in existence. The old white wood frame building was originally built by Mr. Tullie Seale in 1949. It housed other churches and businesses as well as the Thomas Jefferson School, which is now the Adams County Christian School.
Due to tremendous growth, in 1998 Bishop Searcy, being the visionary that he is, led the church to purchase 25 acres of land adjacent to the church for the building of a new facility. Bishop Searcy, believing in being faithful over that which God has already blessed him with, led the church in renovating the existing sanctuary before beginning the new. Renovation started and ended in 1998 and the process for the new facility started.
To accommodate the growing membership in 1998 the church moved to two services. On November 8, 1998 New Hope began broadcasting its service live from the church on WTYJ 97.7. On August 24, 1999 the church purchased two continental buses, which have allowed us to travel across the country to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ. By faith ground breaking took place on September 14, 1999 for the new facility.
New Hope has an established network of churches here in the United States, India, and Africa, called the International Kingdom Covenant Churches, otherwise known as IKCC. Bishop’s work was recognized on a national level and a group of national and international pastors of The International Communion of Charismatic Churches, ordained him as Bishop.
In April 2001 Bishop Searcy led the church’s first missionary trip to India, and established the first New Hope Church there and ordained 4 pastors. On May 16, 2002, the construction for the new sanctuary began and on March 23, 2003 we sanctioned the old facility as the Children’s Church now under the leadership of Pastor Gloria Gray. In 2006, the building of the Gerald Owens Distribution Center was completed along with a fellowship hall. New Hope has many outreach ministries with include the Annual Back 2 School Bash, Angel Food Ministries, Lean on Me Outreach, and many more. New Hope moved into the first phase of community development with the Washington Apartment complex project which was completed with 10 family units adjacent to the church in 2011. The development recently expanded with 20 additional apartments added to this complex in the fall of 2013. Under the leadership of Bishop Searcy the Lord has allowed the church to acquire with His favor the Brumfield apartments, which is a 30 unit complex that the church has partnered with the city to restore.
New Hope’s desire is to spread the truth of the gospel while winning souls for the Kingdom that brings a connection throughout the world.